37 Hamlet Street Newton Centre, MA 02459 617-244-5196
Management Office/Community Building located at 37 Hamlet Street
Houghton Village is a family-oriented, townhouse community offering 50 spacious two-story apartment homes, a few of which have been adapted to accommodate individuals with physical disabilities or mobility impairments. Two-bedroom townhomes offer one-and-a half baths, while the three- and four-bedroom units feature two-and-a-half baths and an office/bonus room. Twenty units are rented at the current market rate, while subsidies support 20 units to be rented to low-income families through the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program and 10 units to moderate income households through the Massachusetts Workforce Housing Program. Situated on eight acres adjacent to Webster Woods conservation land, the property is less than one mile to the MBTA, shopping and dining in Newton Centre as well as cinemas, restaurants, shops, groceries, medical facilities and fitness centers in Chestnut Hill, and within easy access to Routes 9 and 128/I-95. The NCDF Youth Program, housed within the Community Center at Houghton Village, offers programs and activities for all NCDF residents ages 5 – 17.
- Vinyl plank flooring; carpeting in bedrooms
- Spacious eat-in kitchen
- Washer/dryer hook-ups
- Abundant natural light
- HVAC & central AC with individual climate control
- Semi-private rear patio
- Cable/Internet ready
- Professionally managed
- Community center
- Landscaped grounds
- Playground & basketball court
- On-site after school & summer Youth Program
- 24-hour emergency maintenance & live-in property caretakers
- Common area security & safety systems
- Convenient on-site parking (driveway space included with rent)
- There are no market rate rentals available at this time. Please check back periodically for updates or contact the management office to be placed on the inquiry list.
- For more information about the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program, please contact the Newton Housing Authority at 617-527-5501.
- We are currently accepting rental applications for the Massachusetts Workforce Housing Program waitlist. Click here to download the application.